Total Pageviews

Friday, January 3, 2014

Road to the SHOWCASE


On we go as our Vipers Team traveled to Boise Idaho to take on the Stampede, affiliate of the Portland Trailblazers on back to back nights, before we are going to Reno for the annual SHOWCASE of our league.

In between our road travels and games we had intense practices and as always I was the first in last out, doing extra sessions to work on my game.

I don't really know why it isn't clicking, but I strongly believe I will find my sync with our style of play. I set my goal to outwork everyone to first crack the starting rotation and then take it from there. Nobody will outwork or outhustle me.

I felt we had some guys loosing their ground because of our strong record. Guys felt all would come by itself now, so a few guys skipped extra work offered, were lazy and sloppy in practice, one even missed the team bus on one ride... I can and will not accept this and will lead by example as a seasoned professional, taking some of those young guys aside and tell them that in our job nothing comes free. I think this is my part to support also our rookie Coach Smith and his staff.

So my personal goals for the next 2 games, besides winning them both will be:

Crack a starting job 1st with limitless energy and hustle,
Play at least  25+ minutes on average 2nd,
Get at least one double double 3rd

Judge me on those goals.

Most impressive thing I had the chance to witness this week. Michael van Gerwen winning the PDC World Championships. In the semis he sweept Adrian Lewis 6:0... I mean this is THE Adrian Lewis.
CONGRATS, this is world class !!!



2 comments:

  1. Work hard Tim! Nothing is free in Life..especially in the nba. I feel you! Keep on grindin! Now some guys got a call up and so you probably have goid chances to play more..keep grindin homie

    ReplyDelete