Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Q&A with Tim

Received a lot of feedback through my new twitter account @TimOhlbrecht, which I could not all reply to, please excuse me. Let me summarize some of the most frequent questions.

Living in the USA:

I really feel at home in the states. I have my family here, which was also one of the reasons to return to RGV for another run.

Regarding the NBA and my pursuit of it; I will try to explain it best:

Have you seen the Enterprise movie Generations ? Kirk and Picard are transported to the NEXUS, to which Soran wants to return so badly. The NBA is just like this, it is the NEXUS of Basketball. Once you have been there and experienced it… It is so hard to let go off it, to not strive as hard as one can to get back there. Don’t get me wrong, I am not blind running after a dream, but I will try it again this one year with all I have. Feedback from the league personal, that all of us get on a day to day basis, is good, so why not give it a try.
 
Shoutout to all Trekkis out there.


Level of play:

Don’t underestimate the level of competition the dleague is providing. The top 50 players of our league can compete for spots on NBA teams without question and would also make good impressions on almost any team outside the US. The kind of basketball is just different from Euro basketball. It is guard driven/dominated, high intensity, athletic basketball, but it is NOT up and down YMCA ball by no means. Coaches and almost all affiliated teams do have a clear philosophy and structure in what they do and expect. The dleague franchises we all play for are owned by business people to provide the pro sport of basketball to their region, they do business. Yes players are paid and employed by the league, but belong to the franchises.

If you have more questions, please mail or twitter, I will try to answer soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment