Total Pageviews

Monday, December 2, 2013

Back on the court


Tonight had my first game back as a Viper in Hidalgo Arena and we won going 145:116 away versus the Texas Stars. Now the Vipers have 20 straight wins dating back to March 16th.


It felt so good to be back on the court in a real game setting. Two days of practice before that got me back into 5:5 competition, but nothing can give you the extra juice of a actual game. Coach Smith want us running and gunning, uptempo and shooting the three.

I had to go through a lot of shirts to get all this sweat away during practice, but it was addictive to mash with my teammates, get used to their games and tendencies. Coach spreads the floor very good, giving each lots of room to operate. We all worked so hard and intense. And got to meet last years assistant coach Matt.



We made league history tonight as a team to make 24 threepoint baskets and also got the crowd free taccos to score over 120 points early. This is our way to go and I am feeling a lot of free tacco nights coming for our fans down the road. First 500 fans tonight got a replica of our championship ring.


Missed a double double closely by havin 9 points and 11 boards in 23 minutes, but I also had a threepointer in the record game, that felt real good! I can tell my legs are not yet back to where they need to be, but only 5:5 practices and games can get this back to me.

Tomorrow we have the backend of a back to back home series, this is against Delaware and I guess they a affiliated with the 76ers, so lets see if I know anyone.

Got to see a BBL game on my PC on Sunday. Bamberg pulled out an impressive win in Oldenburg and shoutout to Mike Zirbes for his off the backboard three.


No comments:

Post a Comment